The Lawrence Parks and Recreation Department has many opportunities to get involved. LPRD offers a wide variety of activities, including:
- family/personal health and well being; dance; fitness; home and hobbies; language; martial arts; music; tennis; pet care; as well as a wide variety of programming for kids in art; dance; fitness; gymnastics; and other special interests.
- Special Events include: seasonal arts & crafts festivals; fun runs; fishing derbies;
seasonal and holiday activities for kids and the summer playground program.
The Recreation Instruction Division offers more than 150 classes each season.
With highly diverse offerings, classes are available for infants through senior citizens. The division partners with many different agencies and businesses in the community to bring more resources and expertise to the classes and activities offered.
The Recreation Instruction Division continues to add programs and activities to provide variety and new experiences to the Lawrence community.
You can contact Jo Ellis, recreation instruction supervisor, at (785) 330-7355.
- Camps (Youth)
- Dance Classes (Adult)
- Dance Classes (Youth)
- Fitness Classes (Adult)
- Gymnastics (Youth)
- School’s Out Programs
- Martial Arts Classes (Youth and Adult)
- Instructional Classes (Youth and Adult)
- Tennis Instructional Classes (Youth and Adult) | Printable Tennis Flyer (pdf file)