The City of Lawrence Municipal Court offers the option to pay fines and costs online.
The following fines/fees cannot be paid online and must be paid with cash or check:
- meter and H.E.R.E citations cannot be paid online until the late fee has been assessed and a notice has been mailed
- copy fees (usually associated with a records request)
- diversion application fee
- expungement processing fee
- any case that has an active bench warrant
Have your citation available when making a payment
- Citation number or Case/Docket number
- Or, License Plate number (if parking)
- Date of Birth
- A valid MasterCard, Visa or Discover Card
- Cardholders name, address and phone number
Cite Pay USA is an independent company that charges a fee for its services. The court receives no part of that fee.
Questions or Problems? Call the Lawrence Municipal Court at (785)832-6190, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
- Fines for traffic infractions and parking violations must be paid on or before the appearance date indicated on your citation. If you are wishing to contest your ticket, or if you need additional time to pay your fine, you must appear in court on the date indicated. Failure to pay fines may result in a suspension of your driving privileges or a warrant for your arrest, depending on the charge.
- If you have been charged with any offense that carries a possibility of a jail sentence upon conviction, a fine amount will not be listed. You must appear in court on the date specified on your citation. If you have questions concerning the seriousness of the offense you have been charged with, you may contact the Municipal Court office at (785) 832-6190.
- Fines may be paid with cash, check or money order at the Municipal Court office, 1006 New Hampshire, Lawrence, Kansas. The office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Payments and correspondence may be mailed to the Lawrence Municipal Court, P.O. Box 1695, Lawrence, Kansas 66044. Please reference the ticket number, docket number or defendant’s name, or include the citation with your payment. Please make checks payable to the City of Lawrence. There will be a $35.00 charge on all returned checks.